NAV 2016 comes with a set of standard Dashboards and Charts and you can easily build more.
Section A: Create a Generic Chart
Below are the steps of create a chart based on Vendor table to show Vendor Purchase vs. Balance.
i. Navigate to Department > Administration > Application Setup > RoleTailored Client > Generic Charts.
ii.Click on NEW to create a new Generic Chart.
iii.Enter the values as shown below:Source Type = Table
- Source ID = 23 → Vendor
- X-axis = Vendor Name
- Y-axis = Purchase (LCY) & Balance (LCY)
- Graph Type = Line & Column
- Filter = Balance (LCY) value is <>0
iv.Click on OK at the bottom to complete the design.
Section B: Add Chart to RoleTailored Client (RTC)
Steps to add chart to RTC
- Go to Home page (Role Center)
- Click on Blue button at the top left
- Select Customize
- Select Customize This Page
- Add Chart Part to the Role Center Layout
- Select the Blank Chart > click on Customize Part > Select chart → Vendor
- Click on OK
Now user can see the chart part (Vendor Purchase and Balance) in RTC.